Sunday, December 28, 2008
9:21 AM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I've had to deal with migraines for many years now, but the one that accosted me last night beat them all. I was at my sister's when I realized that I was getting one, but it came on very slowly. We joked about how my niece's new toys, all of which created seizure-inducing flashing lights and bone chilling sounds, would make anyone have a migraine. It was all fun and games then, but before long I was seeing big yellow spots on her kitchen floor. Trust me, my sister doesn't use that color scheme! She kindly suggested that I should drive home before it got any worse, which was a very good idea. She gave me two Excedrin Migraine and sent me on my way. By the time I got home, I was in serious pain. Cody got home a few hours later and entered a completely blacked out house. I haven't really blogged a lot about my husband, but he really is a great guy. He was so sweet last night. When he realized how bad I hurt, he did everything in his power to help. I begged him not to turn on any lights and he went out of his way to avoid doing so. I laid on the couch with a dark towel over my eyes, to block out the hideous light of the moon (not even kidding). He sat down and offered to rub my neck, which is where most of my migraines stem from. I just cried as he took care of me. He filled up the bathtub for me so I could sit in the soothing hot water, and he got two towels for me because he knows that I like to put one behind my head to make me more comfortable. He actually led me by the hand (I still had to keep the towel over my eyes) into the bathroom and fixed everything with a minimum amount of light for me. While I was soaking in the tub he made the bed and brought all my pillows and blankets into our room. When he was done he turned out all the lights and closed the door so I couldn't hear any of the noise from the house. When I was done with my bath all I had to do was crawl into bed and try to go to sleep. He brought me anything I thought would help alleviate the pain. He really is a wonderful huband and I love him very much- even when he does mess with my vaporizer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhh...that is a really sweet blog. I've never had a migraine before but it sounds miserable. I wouldn't even know what to do if my head hurt that bad. You poor thing.
Glad Cody took care of you so nicely (:
Post a Comment