Thursday, January 1, 2009
11:04 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
Well, the new year is upon us. I haven't quite determined what kind of year I'm expecting, hopefully it will be a good year for our family. I think we are all ready for one. I am continually finding myself pondering this and the only thing that keeps coming to my mind is that this is an odd numbered year- how good could it really be. I'm trying not to let that affect my year, but it's there all the same. But, as my mom pointed out to me, 2008 was an even numbered year and to be honest... eh. This year hasn't been so great either. I have a feeling that 2009 will be another year of waiting for me. Waiting to graduate, waiting to be pregnant, waiting for our "real life" to begin. Today I'm okay with that- maybe it's just the champagne I'm enjoying right now- but whatever it is, I'm okay with the world tonight. I think I'm getting pretty good at waiting for all that stuff, after all I've been waiting for awhile now. So I think I'll give this year the benefit of the doubt and just sit back and let the good things happen. That sounds just about right to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know I hate odd numbers too so at first this new year kinda freaked me out. But then I realized I had Greyson in 2005 and Cooper in 2007. Odd years aren't so bad. This will be a great year for you and your family, amazing things are going to happen!
(BTW..I changed my blog name and added "our" in front of it in case you were looking for it)
Ok I am gonna go all "big sister sharing her wisdom" on you... so sorry. But I have made the mistake of "waiting for our real life to begin" and I have to say as someone who cares about you- Don't make that mistake! This is your real life right now- just a chapter of it. There are great chapters ahead with kids in them and no school but don't make the mistake I did and pay no attention to making your life fun and great right now- in the moment. Life is going so fast and you have to enjoy the time you have right now- enjoy the time you can spend by yourself, read books, watch tv, go out with friends. Don't let the anxieties and waiting override the good things cause otherwise you'll look back on these times as "wasted years". Ok lecture over- you are a great little sister who sometimes is more of a big sister to me (:
Post a Comment