Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Well, this first semester of school has finally (well almost finally) ended! I only have three more finals to take! By next Tuesday I will have successfully finished the first semester of the Dental Hygiene program. Whew! This has probably been the hardest semester I've ever had. The work was hard, but the emotional aspect was definitely the hardest for me. I feel like I have learned so much about myself these last few months. I've learned that I can't do everything perfectly, and that that is ok. I've learned that I'm not nearly as strong as I thought I was and that I'm surrounded by people who are willing to be strong for me when I can't be. I've learned that I can make it through circumstances I thought were impossible. I've learned, truly learned, that God is taking care of me. Me, not just other people, not just the ones who are perfect and do everything the right way, but ME. This amazes me. Afterall, I'm definitely not "the perfect christian" like I should be. I am afraid of everything, I doubt myself, therefore I doubt God, and I have a long, long, way to go before I am truely trusting Him with my life. But I am learning. He is faithful and keeps His promises, even when we can't see how He is working in our lives.

So, because I feel like I may deserve a little break from all this learning I've been doing... (by the way did you know that getting Flouride treatments is one of the most important things we can do for our teeth? I learned that)... I'm going to have a good vacation and do lots of fun things! I have almost 4 weeks off from school and I'm planning to fill those weeks to the brim with fun. First I will be going to KC and seeing my grandma and hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend. Then when I get home, I going for a massage (thanks to all the people at Access)! Yes, you can all be jealous, 'cause it'll be wonderful. Then it'll be Christmas! After celebrating Christmas, I'm planning a trip to see one of my best friends who lives in Columbia, MO. I can't wait to see her new house! I also plan on spending lots and lots of time with my sister and niece and mom... so be ready guys! Hopefully I'll get to have a day with my sister-in-law and nephew too....you reading this Beth?? We need to hang out! And I already have a shopping day planned with my mother-in-law!

So, all in all, this should be a great 4 weeks for me before I have to get back to the grind of things. Somewhere in there I'll have to find SOME time to do a little homework, afterall we've already been assigned some from a professor I've never met! Seriously, these guys need to calm it down a bit! Anyway, if anyone gets bored, give me a call- I'll be ready to go!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I knew you could do it! I am ready to hang out and have fun too. Yea!