Tuesday, December 23, 2008
9:57 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I am soooo proud of myself! I stayed home all day today, trying to kick this cold, and I got a little bored. So I decided to tackle some projects that I've been waiting for Cody to do. The shower head in our master bathroom has been messed up ever since we moved in here. It's one of those hand held ones that you can detach. I really like that kind, but this one was broken and wouldn't stay in place. It's kinda frustrating to have to dance around the shower trying to stay under the waterstream, especially on a cold day! Sooo, I bought a new shower head the other day and asked Cody to install it. Well, Cody works like 70 hours a week, and I, ummm, don't so much work. He hadn't gotten around to installing it, so I decided to try it myself. I had to use a new tool, some sort of wrench-like thing, but that's not what dad called it, to get the old shower head off. Once that was done I quickly put on the new one and nervously turned on the water. It came out in all the right places and none of the wrong ones! Score one for Stacey!
So, since my first project ended so well, I decided to try some more. I've been wanting some decor hung for quite some time, but this is not really my forte. For one thing, hanging these requires the use of a power drill. Now, for those of you who know me well you realize what dangers putting any power tool in my hands could cause. But I really wanted those hung. I got Cody's drill out, figured out how to use it and started hanging. My first piece of decor went very well. My second one worked out okay, but I hung it too high and had to try again (yes this did leave some large holes in my wall) my third project again went well. Everything was great until the fourth one. It was a little shelf that hung on the wall, and everything started just fine. In fact I got it hung and decorated it. About an hour later I heard a terrible crashing sound from that room. Fortunately nothing broke (except my wall) which is good cause I had put a plate my mom painted me on that shelf. I decided to stop with the new projects til Cody got home.
Though not all my projects worked out, I am still extremely proud on myself for trying something new today!
So, since my first project ended so well, I decided to try some more. I've been wanting some decor hung for quite some time, but this is not really my forte. For one thing, hanging these requires the use of a power drill. Now, for those of you who know me well you realize what dangers putting any power tool in my hands could cause. But I really wanted those hung. I got Cody's drill out, figured out how to use it and started hanging. My first piece of decor went very well. My second one worked out okay, but I hung it too high and had to try again (yes this did leave some large holes in my wall) my third project again went well. Everything was great until the fourth one. It was a little shelf that hung on the wall, and everything started just fine. In fact I got it hung and decorated it. About an hour later I heard a terrible crashing sound from that room. Fortunately nothing broke (except my wall) which is good cause I had put a plate my mom painted me on that shelf. I decided to stop with the new projects til Cody got home.
Though not all my projects worked out, I am still extremely proud on myself for trying something new today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yea for you! I love it when I actually am able to do something for myself. I keep telling dad to teach me how to fix things.
You go girl! I had to take a few things into my own hands too since Josh works all the time. You can fix the holes easy with some putty stuff and a q tip. Yah for you!
Post a Comment