Thursday, December 11, 2008
As I was driving to school today I discovered some surprising news about myself. I am still holding a grudge, that I thought I would have let go of several years ago. Ya know how you just kinda forget about stuff for awhile, but when you remember ALL the nasty things that happened, you suddenly are angry all over again? Now, I really have no idea why I was thinking about this incidence, after all it was several years ago, and has had no lasting affect on my life; however, one tiny memory pops up and BAM I'm completely pissed again. I was left feeling
competely abandoned and betrayed, and quite frankly I really could have ended up phyiscally hurt! I was very scared and close to tears. I had never been put in such a situation, and appartently I am still laying the blame elsewhere. Okay, I've had some complaints (Adam) that I never fully explain myself on my blogg... soooo, who am I holding such a ridiculous and long lasting grudge against? My old CAR!!!! This stupid car left me on the side of I-44 several years ago. I was on my way to meet the rest of my family in Lockwood when a car behind me started honking at me. They moved up next to me and started wildly pointing at the back of my car. About the same time I noticed that the interior of my car was FILLING WITH SMOKE! Terror quickly sets in and I immediately pull to the side of the road and jump out of my car. Now, here I am a young girl, all by herself with her car on FIRE at the side of a VERY busy interstate. Luckily I do have my phone on me, so I take it out to call my hero and savior, my dad. No answer! You've got to be freakin' kiddin' me! I leave a very tearful message requesting him to come to my aid (apparently forgetting to tell him where I'm at, opps). So I proceed to call every male I have ever come into contact with and NO ONE answers. About this time a semi pulls up behind me. At this point I'm just praying that I don't end up on the evening news. The trucker is missing several teeth and probably hasn't bathed in quite some time. He inquires about my situation, and I quickly inform him that my daddy is on his way. Finally the scary man drives away. Now I see a policeman pull up- finally someone to protect me while I find someone, anyone, to come rescue me. The policeman gets out of his car and asks if I'm okay. Trying to keep the tears at a minimum, I tell him that I think my dad will come-eventually. To my amazement, he says okay and gets into his kidnapper-repelant police car and drives away! I've just been abandoned by the law. Great. Just when I'm about to completely loose all my dignity, my phone rings- Adam is coming to save me! Now, Adam is actually my brother-in-law, but he's more like a second big brother to me, so needless to say I was very happy to know he was on his way. Unfortunately he was still like 30 minutes away. As I am waiting the cop comes back to check on me- kindof making up for leaving me earlier. He asks if I've reached anyone and tells me I can wait for Adam in his car. Reluctently I follow him to his car. Now, I generally think the police are very trustworthy people, but sitting in this car with a man I've never met before was a little disconcerting. We try to make small talk for awhile, but eventually silence is all that fills the void. Where is Adam??? Finally, I see his car in the distance. I was rescued! And now, many years later I am still whole-heartedly hating that stupid, jerk-face car! Maybe in a few more years I'll be over it. Maybe.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I needed to laugh today and you provided that. Thanks!

Amber said...

You are a strange and fascinating person. Like me!

Amber said...

I thought I would add that Brad doesn't like it when you blog with no titles - something about how it alerts him. He'll yell at you (:

Brad Logan said...

I was just about to comment that you need a title for this - I just got a blank line on my RSS feed - but it looks like Amber took care of it. Add a title!

Also, that really was hilarious. Not your situation, but watching dad tell the story of getting a voicemail from his daughter saying she's stranded and her car is on fire and please come save her...and no information on how to do so. lol...

Stacey Stafford said...

Sorry Brad, I couldn't think of a good one when I started the blog, and by the end I forgot. It'll never happen again, I promise.