Friday, November 21, 2008
Is it just inbred in the human race to have to have things complicated in order to feel as though they are "professional"? Does everything have to have at least two names (one of them completely unpronounceable) to be accepted as "scientific"? I mean really people, does it matter whether I have one space or two spaces after each sentence? Do teachers really sit there and evaluate each and every little space! Okay, the source of all these questions? The two page paper I was assigned that should have only taken about 30 minutes to write, but instead took almost 3 hours because I had to have each journal/book/manual cited exactly in the right way, each tab scrutinized to be sure it was the right measurement and each frickin "parenthetical citation" (please note the extreme sarcasm here) in the appropriate place with the appropriate names and dates. Really, who freakin cares! I've always said that there is someone, somewhere, that has way to much time on their hands that just sits around making up stupid rules that the rest of the world has to follow.
Some other examples of his ridiculous rule making include: not being able to use calculators on math tests (I mean really, let's make sure we're in the right century here folks!) not being able to park in those yellow striped lanes in the wal-mart parking lot, really how often are those used and they take up a lot of useable space!, how about having to have the receipt to return a product that actually has the store label written on it! I could go on and on, but I'm actually getting myself all riled up listing them. Anyway, let's just try to simplify things from now on, okay?

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hahahahaha! Why don't you ask Julie B one day about parking at Walmart....

Julie said...

Ok...I wasn't going to bring that up. Just trust me, it was bad. One day I'll tell you in person. Let's just say it involved a woman wearing a disney shirt pretending to be handicapped, me yelling in the magazine aisle, and a good ol' fashion prank call to WM having them page the horrible woman to move her car.

PS. Your sister remembers everything! Man, that was years ago. Hehehehehe