Thursday, November 13, 2008
8:29 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I am so excited because one of my very favorite holidays is coming up...Thanksgiving! I know, most people think Christmas is the best, and I admit, it is good...but Thanksgiving has always been my favorite. It's not the food so much (though I do love me some good ole Grandma Sue pecan pie minus the pecans!) It's just getting together with family and having the whole day to be together. We start early with the cooking, okay, watching Mom cook; this is the best time cause all the "girls" stay in the kitchen and the boys have to leave :) We get some really good girl talk here. Then me and my sister usually pitch in and set the table up with all the yummy food, this is usually our one contribution to the meal that wasn't bought somewhere else. We can always hear the boys in the living room talking about things boys talk about...computers, sports, computers. By this time, I'm starving but we have to wait for the broccoli cheese casserole to get done (my sister's favorite...urgh). Finally we get to sit done and eat! Dad and Amber always joke about who gets the most of Dennise's rolls. And Cody and I load up on mashed potatoes. After dinner it's finally time for dessert! This is the hard part... finding the delicate balance of exactly how much of each "favorite" dessert you can stuff in your mouth before you get to full to eat anymore. I always start with the chocolate pie, but I make sure I get that pecan in there too, and if there's room later I may try some pumpkin. Grandma always scolds me for taking the pecans off the pie, but we both know she's secretly glad because she always eats them off my plate. I have so many memories of wonderful times on this one day of the year. I am looking forward to making new ones with Cody's family too. Yah, Thanksgiving is by far the best holiday there is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Thanksgiving too. My jeans are fitting tighter just thinking about all I will eat on that wonderful day.
OK first of all - I SOMETIMES cook! Geez! Just for that you get no cobbler this year. (: I love family holidays too.
Post a Comment