Tuesday, November 29, 2011
7:41 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I think this title sounds a little sinister, but really I'm just planning Katelyn's 1st birthday! I am SO FREAKING excited about this. Yes, it is over 4 months away, but I want everything to be perfect, so I'm starting early.


I really wanted to have a butterfly theme, but I couldn't ever find a cake with butterflies that I liked. So, for now, that idea is scrapped. I may bring it back in some shape or form later. We'll see.
I'm enlisting the help of my mom in, well, every step pretty much! Mom and I have baked and decorated cakes for as long as I can remember. She's really good and I'm....enthusiastic. :) My skill level isn't quite there, but I LOVE trying. Or maybe I just like eating the icing.....
Anyway, Mom and I will make the cake. I'm hoping to produce something that looks like this:
I'm not a huge lover of hearts, so I'll probably make that polka dots (which, for those of you who are unaware, I LOVE). I think we can pull this off and I hope it ends up looking really good. We may have to do a trial run, which would, of course, be so unfortunate since I'd then have to eat it.
I haven't decided yet whether I'll have Katelyn dig into the top layer, or if we'll make her a small cake of her own. Probably a small one just for her because this party is gonna be pretty big and we'll need to feed quite a few people.
I think I'm most excited about Katelyn's outfit. Again, courtesy of Mom. I found this little tutu picture and I know Mom can easily make it. It's so freakin' cute. Here it is:
Well, I couldn't get it to show up any bigger, but it's super cute, believe me! I'm not putting the huge ugly flower on the shirt. I'm trying to get a onesie embroidered with Katelyn's name and something about her 1st birthday on it. I'm also making (okay, well, MOM and I are making) a huge bow with lots of frilly's on it to complete the outfit. I can't wait to see her in it.
Right now, I'm working on the invitations. We have a LOT of family and friends to invite, so they have to be perfect. I'll probably end up making them on shutterfly, because I like those best. I've spent several hours looking up quotes to put on them and I have ended up in tears (bittersweet, happy tears) over the fact that my baby will be turning one! Hopefully, I won't cry at the party.....no promises!
I'm also really excited about getting her pictures taken for her birthday. Ashley and I have discussed doing a cake smash session, and I'm really excited for it. I only wish it would be pretty and warm so we could do it outside, but that probably won't happen in early March!
Can't wait for Katelyn's big day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love everything so far! Excited for you!
And they say I have a problem with planning! LOL! Everything sounds great! Can't wait for Lil' Miss K's big day! :)
Post a Comment