Sunday, November 20, 2011
So, the last two months in the Stafford household have been quite interesting. There's been a lot of changes, some good, some not so good. At least they weren't so good at the time they were happening. Now that I look back, though, I can definitely see God working in our lives. The first change came when I got a job. Well, I had a job, but this new job was more real....real as in I had to be there more then twice a month. So, that's great for us financially, but I was sad to leave Katelyn. We made arrangements for Melanie to watch her on Mondays, and Cody would watch her on the two Wednesdays a month that I worked and then Sally would watch her on Thursdays. Everything seemed to be going great. We were finally going to get caught up on all our bills and get some stuff paid off. Life was going great.

Then the storm hit.

About two weeks after I started my job, we found that we could no longer have Cody stay at his job. The restaurant wasn't making money, and they weren't sure they could pay us anymore. We were welcome to continue working and see if it all came out okay, but that just wasn't an option for us. We decided to leave that job and find a new one.

This ushered in some of the scariest weeks of our lives. We weren't sure how we were going to take care of our baby girl. Our bills were starting to pile up and we had no way to pay them. It's times like these that you really find out how much people around you care. We had a lot of help from a lot of different (and unexpected) people. Though those weeks were scary and I never want to experience them again, I found myself closer to God then I had ever been. I also felt the love of everyone around us. I knew people were praying and I knew that God was in control. I had my moments of despair and worry; I had my little pity party one night. But, ultimately I knew I had to rely on God during these times, or why bother trusting Him in the good times? So I prayed, and every time I felt the panic start, I would try my hardest to trust.

It took about three weeks for us to find another job for Cody. In the meanwhile, I was able to pick up some extra days at work, and Cody watched Katelyn. We were very blessed to have a contact at Wil Fisher, who was able to recommend Cody for a Sales Rep position. He nailed every interview and impressed the crap out of the guys he talked with and got himself the job! I was SO FREAKING proud of my husband! I knew he was nervous, but I knew he could do it.

Cody was able to start the new job the day after he was hired, which was a huge blessing. Looking back on it, I'm absolutely amazed at what God did for us. He took us from a job where Cody was working 13-14 hours a day, on his feet, working every weekend, for good pay but no benefits, where he was stuck inside all day (which he hates) working with food (which he hates more) and he never got to spend time with Katelyn and I felt like a single parent to a job where his hours are much less, we have amazing benefits, he gets to be out and about (which is perfect for his personality) and he gets to spend so much more time with me and Katelyn. There isn't that much difference in pay either. I just feel like God picked him up, moved him right out of the restaurant and put him down at Wil Fisher. And I am so grateful. I love having him around more.

So, while things have definitely been rough and scary, they are much better now. And I'm thankful for the struggles we've been through, because now I know how blessed we are!

1 comments:

Beth Stafford said...

We serve an awesome God! So happy for you guys!