Wednesday, March 3, 2010
1:57 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
It may only be Wednesday, but I have had enough of this week! I have been sick with bronchial pneumonia for like a week now; the doctor gave me antibiotics, which, of coarse, make my stomach so happy. I swear, I have not been this sick since I had mono! To top that off, I was scheduled to be in sterilization for the first time ever this week at school! Here's a sampling of my day yesterday....
Wake up and wish to die so that I would feel slightly better. Choke down some yogurt (it's not like I can taste it anyway) and head to school. Try and blunder my way through all the normal sterilization duties, all the while trying to convince the teachers that I'm competant enough to graduate. Figure out how to clean an autoclave, and then do it 3 more times. Pull charts for someone because they "can't bend over, cause I'm pregnant." Clean contaminated blood from the waiting room and all associated surfaces. Develop x-rays that I didn't take. Slip, and almost fall in front of the entire clinic, on some water that is coming from...... under the sink!?!? Clean UP the massive amount of water that overflowed under the sink. Switch out old supplies for new supplies in the emergency kit. Confirm the doctor's suspicion that I'm a total idiot because I can't figure out how to turn on the oxygen tank (while he stands next to me saying "you'd have to figure it out in an emergency over and over again) even though I already took, and passed, that class. Clean and flip 4 radiology chairs at the same time. And finally, head home so I can sleep before I do it all again on Thursday!
The one bright spot in this week was when I got home and found that Cody had cleaned every inch of the house (including our spare bedroom!) as well as made me dinner! He also bought me beautiful flowers and a very sweet card. I'm not sure how he knew the exact right day to do this, because I hadn't even told him about my horrible day yet. But somehow (maybe a husband's intuition? is that a real thing?) he knew exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. What a great end to the most horrible day in clinic so far!
Wake up and wish to die so that I would feel slightly better. Choke down some yogurt (it's not like I can taste it anyway) and head to school. Try and blunder my way through all the normal sterilization duties, all the while trying to convince the teachers that I'm competant enough to graduate. Figure out how to clean an autoclave, and then do it 3 more times. Pull charts for someone because they "can't bend over, cause I'm pregnant." Clean contaminated blood from the waiting room and all associated surfaces. Develop x-rays that I didn't take. Slip, and almost fall in front of the entire clinic, on some water that is coming from...... under the sink!?!? Clean UP the massive amount of water that overflowed under the sink. Switch out old supplies for new supplies in the emergency kit. Confirm the doctor's suspicion that I'm a total idiot because I can't figure out how to turn on the oxygen tank (while he stands next to me saying "you'd have to figure it out in an emergency over and over again) even though I already took, and passed, that class. Clean and flip 4 radiology chairs at the same time. And finally, head home so I can sleep before I do it all again on Thursday!
The one bright spot in this week was when I got home and found that Cody had cleaned every inch of the house (including our spare bedroom!) as well as made me dinner! He also bought me beautiful flowers and a very sweet card. I'm not sure how he knew the exact right day to do this, because I hadn't even told him about my horrible day yet. But somehow (maybe a husband's intuition? is that a real thing?) he knew exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. What a great end to the most horrible day in clinic so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
won't you be glad to be all done? :) sorry you had such a bad day
Post a Comment