Friday, February 19, 2010
9:03 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
....with studying that is! I WISH I was done with the program! I'm soooo tired of studying, I'm done, done, done with it. Unfortunately, my test isn't for another month or so. I've been taking several mock tests, trying to prepare myself. So far, I've gotten good results. I got a 67% on one and 64% on another. I know those scores sound bad, but you're supposed to add 20% to your score and that would be what you'd make on boards. So, basically I would have gotten an 86% and an 84%. You only have to have a 75% to pass, so hopefully I'll do okay!
The test consists of two parts: a multiple choice section and a case study section. The mulitple choice has 200 questions and there are 15 case studies with 10 questions on each. That's just our National Board Exams. We also have to pass a clinical exam where we assess, probe, clean and polish 8 teeth under extremely stressful conditions! We also have a computer component of the clinical exam where we have to identify and know how to correct common mistakes made when taking x-rays. THEN, we have to pass our jurisprudence test over Missouri laws! Seriously people! I'm not trying to become a brain surgeon here!
So, anyway, I obviously can't wait til I have passed all of these exams. I'm most worried about the National Boards. I'll be especially thankful when they are over. I'll be a different person on March 25th! Can't wait!
The test consists of two parts: a multiple choice section and a case study section. The mulitple choice has 200 questions and there are 15 case studies with 10 questions on each. That's just our National Board Exams. We also have to pass a clinical exam where we assess, probe, clean and polish 8 teeth under extremely stressful conditions! We also have a computer component of the clinical exam where we have to identify and know how to correct common mistakes made when taking x-rays. THEN, we have to pass our jurisprudence test over Missouri laws! Seriously people! I'm not trying to become a brain surgeon here!
So, anyway, I obviously can't wait til I have passed all of these exams. I'm most worried about the National Boards. I'll be especially thankful when they are over. I'll be a different person on March 25th! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You'll do great- can't wait til you're done!
Post a Comment