Monday, March 15, 2010
8:59 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I'm am very tired of writing about school, so I'm sure you are tired of reading about it! Therefore, this blog will not mention it at all! Yay!
I'm starting to get very excited about life! The future is looking bright and, for once, very close! Right now I'm working on getting all my old stuff together so I can have a garage sale. I'm planning this for late May or early June. I've never hosted my own garage sale, I've always gone in with my mom or sister, so I'm kinda nervous! I'm wanting to sell of the majority of what I own, so that when I get a job I can replace it all with cool new stuff! However, I am trying to control the urge to throw out everything, because I'm sure in a different environment I would still like some of it. My house looks a little funny right now, because I'm taking items off of shelves and walls to add to my growing pile of "garage sale stuff". I'm also inviting several people to put stuff in the sale, so if anyone is interested just let me know.
I'm also getting excited because Spring is on its way. I LOVE Spring. It is by far my most favorite season. I love watching everything turn green and grow. I love the weather, which is not too hot or too cold. I even like the thunderstorms, as long as they don't produce tornadoes! I made a slightly embarrassing purchase to use this spring. It's a blue plastic folding lawn chair, you know the kind that were everywhere in the '80's! Cody has informed me that it's white trash, but I love it! I can sit out on my back porch and read, enjoying the weather with my dogs having fun playing in the yard. I am looking forward to taking some nature walks with Cody too. We are going to go hiking this Spring/Summer. We found a nice little trail near our house that we walked the other day. It was so peaceful and quiet. It wound around a little creek, an old barn and even a really old graveyard (not the creepy kind of graveyard, but the really old 1800's graveyards). Hopefully, we'll be able to go back at least once a week.
I have also decided that I'm going to kick myself in high gear when it comes to exercising this summer. I have waited way too long to start; there was always too much going on for me to really concentrate on it before, but now I'm going to make it a priority. My friend introduced me to a new website named Living Strong. It is a really neat site that allows you to enter what you eat each day and it calculates the calories, protein, sugar, sodium, etc for you! You can also enter when you exercise and it calculates about how many calories you burn. So far I haven't been able to enter info every day, but I'm averaging about every other day. I think it helps just to see how much we actually put into our bodies every day. My sister and I have also started running again. Well, so far we've just walked, but once it gets a little warmer we'll start running.
Cody and I are also starting to look into buying a house. We won't be able to actually buy one until I find a job and we know where we will end up. But it's really fun imagining the possibilities! We are both so ready to own our own home that we can't wait to get started! We'd really like to end up in Rogersville, or around there, but again, it all depends on where I can find a job.
There are many other things I could write about, but I'll save it for another post!
I'm starting to get very excited about life! The future is looking bright and, for once, very close! Right now I'm working on getting all my old stuff together so I can have a garage sale. I'm planning this for late May or early June. I've never hosted my own garage sale, I've always gone in with my mom or sister, so I'm kinda nervous! I'm wanting to sell of the majority of what I own, so that when I get a job I can replace it all with cool new stuff! However, I am trying to control the urge to throw out everything, because I'm sure in a different environment I would still like some of it. My house looks a little funny right now, because I'm taking items off of shelves and walls to add to my growing pile of "garage sale stuff". I'm also inviting several people to put stuff in the sale, so if anyone is interested just let me know.
I'm also getting excited because Spring is on its way. I LOVE Spring. It is by far my most favorite season. I love watching everything turn green and grow. I love the weather, which is not too hot or too cold. I even like the thunderstorms, as long as they don't produce tornadoes! I made a slightly embarrassing purchase to use this spring. It's a blue plastic folding lawn chair, you know the kind that were everywhere in the '80's! Cody has informed me that it's white trash, but I love it! I can sit out on my back porch and read, enjoying the weather with my dogs having fun playing in the yard. I am looking forward to taking some nature walks with Cody too. We are going to go hiking this Spring/Summer. We found a nice little trail near our house that we walked the other day. It was so peaceful and quiet. It wound around a little creek, an old barn and even a really old graveyard (not the creepy kind of graveyard, but the really old 1800's graveyards). Hopefully, we'll be able to go back at least once a week.
I have also decided that I'm going to kick myself in high gear when it comes to exercising this summer. I have waited way too long to start; there was always too much going on for me to really concentrate on it before, but now I'm going to make it a priority. My friend introduced me to a new website named Living Strong. It is a really neat site that allows you to enter what you eat each day and it calculates the calories, protein, sugar, sodium, etc for you! You can also enter when you exercise and it calculates about how many calories you burn. So far I haven't been able to enter info every day, but I'm averaging about every other day. I think it helps just to see how much we actually put into our bodies every day. My sister and I have also started running again. Well, so far we've just walked, but once it gets a little warmer we'll start running.
Cody and I are also starting to look into buying a house. We won't be able to actually buy one until I find a job and we know where we will end up. But it's really fun imagining the possibilities! We are both so ready to own our own home that we can't wait to get started! We'd really like to end up in Rogersville, or around there, but again, it all depends on where I can find a job.
There are many other things I could write about, but I'll save it for another post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
it still counts as mentioning school if you say you aren't going to mention it.... :) I'm excited for you! Can't wait to do all the fun non-school things that you have coming up in life!
Post a Comment