Monday, March 8, 2010
My national board exam is literally two weeks from tomorrow! Yikes! I'm not sure what I'm feeling at this point. Part of me is terrified, yet part of me is ready to get it over with! I have studied and studied and studied! This one little (ok, well, not little) test has been held over my head for almost two years now. We first heard about the horrors of "boards" in our first semester; however, at that point, they were safely stored in the "future" folder. In our second semester we watched as the second year students went through the exam process and thanked our fates that it wasn't us. It became a little more real in the summer. This was when we all thought, "I'm gonna spend at least 30 hours a week studying, and I'm gonna be the most prepared student ever! I, mean, why wouldn't I do that? My whole career depends on this test!" It was about half-way through our fourth semester that we realized we had, in fact, wasted most of our lives by NOT studying the 30 hours we had originally planned for, and now it was almost too late to get ahead! Crap!

So, now, here we are in our fifth and final semester. Watching the days slip by; constantly thinking, "Man, I should really be studying, boards are only 3 months....2 months......3 weeks away." I remember wondering what I would feel like when boards were two weeks away, and now I'm wondering what I'll feel like when they are only a week away. When will the panic set in? Maybe, just maybe, I've prepared enough and I'll make it through just fine. I'll let ya know in two weeks!

3 comments:

Amber said...

you'll do great - I have no doubts :)

theresa said...

You are prepared and will do great. You might study a little between now and then but don't get to stressed out about them. love ya,

Beth Stafford said...

You've got this girl! You are going to rock the "boards"!! Like your mom said, study a little between now and then. You know what you're doing, so don't stress!! Love ya sis! :)