Sunday, January 17, 2010
10:59 AM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
For those of you who don't know, my in-laws live way out in the country in a beautiful home on top of a hill. I have had the pleasure of staying the night out there a few times and I love it! Friday night was just such a night. My sister-in-law, Beth, had called and said she was going out there with her son, Parker, to spend the night while my in-laws were on vacation. She asked if I'd like to go. I was really happy that I would be able to spend some time with them, since I've been so busy with school, I haven't had much time to do that. So I packed up my stuff and headed out.
We had a great time, well, once I was able to get there! The driveway up to the house is probably like a mile long and it's gravel. Well, it used to be gravel. With all the snow and rain, it's now mud. Lots of mud. Beth had warned me that it was a little slick, and she wasn't kidding! It was like trying to drive on ice. I would never have thought that mud could be so slippery. There were a couple of times I wasn't sure if my little Honda would get me there. But I eventually made it to the top.
We had a great night of girl talk and had fun playing with Parker. Parker loves to go into the basement (which is completely finished), but he's a little scared too. At one point he came back upstairs to where we were, and he was crying. We asked what was wrong and he said, "I scared", in this sweet little voice. We asked what he was afraid of and he said, "I scared of that tiodul". The "tiodul" is a little metal turtle that Melanie has propping open the bathroom door. He's actually kinda cute, but I guess Parker sees another side of him! Once the "tiodul" was safely put away, he happily went back down and watched his movie. Beth and I talked until late, and then finally headed to bed.
As I was getting ready for bed, I thought about how comfortable my mother-in-law has made her home. I was sleeping in the basement, which like I said earlier, is completely finished. I love sleeping in that room. It's pitch black down there, and it's a little chilly, which is perfect for climbing into a bed with flannel sheets and a down comforter. I didn't check to make sure, but I think the bed is made of marshmellows! It is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! You could sleep for days down there.
The rest of the house is just as comforting too. It reminded me of being at my grandma's house when I was a little girl. You just walk in and immediately feel like you're wrapped in a warm blanket. I don't know how else to describe it. It's a mixture of knowing you are loved, safe, warm, and on vacation all wrapped up in one house.
I love how Melanie has decorated too. The entire house has a country theme with little bears and moose everywhere. It is so fitting for them. She has gotten a lot of her items while on vacations in Colorado and many other states. She really has a knack for knowing how to arrange everything to make it look just right.
So, I really enjoyed my time out at the Stafford house! Some good girl time, some good little boy time, and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Thanks everybody!
We had a great time, well, once I was able to get there! The driveway up to the house is probably like a mile long and it's gravel. Well, it used to be gravel. With all the snow and rain, it's now mud. Lots of mud. Beth had warned me that it was a little slick, and she wasn't kidding! It was like trying to drive on ice. I would never have thought that mud could be so slippery. There were a couple of times I wasn't sure if my little Honda would get me there. But I eventually made it to the top.
We had a great night of girl talk and had fun playing with Parker. Parker loves to go into the basement (which is completely finished), but he's a little scared too. At one point he came back upstairs to where we were, and he was crying. We asked what was wrong and he said, "I scared", in this sweet little voice. We asked what he was afraid of and he said, "I scared of that tiodul". The "tiodul" is a little metal turtle that Melanie has propping open the bathroom door. He's actually kinda cute, but I guess Parker sees another side of him! Once the "tiodul" was safely put away, he happily went back down and watched his movie. Beth and I talked until late, and then finally headed to bed.
As I was getting ready for bed, I thought about how comfortable my mother-in-law has made her home. I was sleeping in the basement, which like I said earlier, is completely finished. I love sleeping in that room. It's pitch black down there, and it's a little chilly, which is perfect for climbing into a bed with flannel sheets and a down comforter. I didn't check to make sure, but I think the bed is made of marshmellows! It is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! You could sleep for days down there.
The rest of the house is just as comforting too. It reminded me of being at my grandma's house when I was a little girl. You just walk in and immediately feel like you're wrapped in a warm blanket. I don't know how else to describe it. It's a mixture of knowing you are loved, safe, warm, and on vacation all wrapped up in one house.
I love how Melanie has decorated too. The entire house has a country theme with little bears and moose everywhere. It is so fitting for them. She has gotten a lot of her items while on vacations in Colorado and many other states. She really has a knack for knowing how to arrange everything to make it look just right.
So, I really enjoyed my time out at the Stafford house! Some good girl time, some good little boy time, and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Thanks everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you think we could steal that bed? :)
oh, yeah, for sure
Oh, I really enjoyed our visit as well....didn't really want to come home. Asked JJ if he thought we could talk his parents in to trading places with us.....yeah right! Your infatuation...the bed, mine....the kitchen! lol
Post a Comment