Sunday, January 3, 2010
8:06 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
One of my very best friends just gave birth to one of the sweetest and tiniest babies I've ever seen! Greyson Mayes was born to Ashley and Luke on December 29, 2009. He only weighed 4lbs and 14oz! He's doing great though, and was brought home two days after he was born. I have anxiously awaited this little angel for many months now, so I was very excited to finally meet him.
Ashley and Luke don't live in the same town as me, so I had to wait a little longer than I wanted to go and see him. My friend Leslie and I had planned to drive up this coming Wednesday to see them, but I just couldn't wait that long. My family was driving to Kansas City on Friday to have Christmas with my grandma, so I decided to stop in at Ashley's along the way. Ok, well, it wasn't exactly on the way.....I might have gone three hours out of my way, but I HAD to meet the little guy! My mom decided to ride up with me, so off we went! Now, for those of you who know my mom, you'll also know that she is a complete baby-hog! Knowing this, I had to plan out how I was gonna get to hold that baby first! So, for those of you who know my mom, you also know that she has to pee about, oh, every other second. Sooo, I decided that we would just not take so many bathroom breaks towards the end of the trip. Evil, I know, but I got the baby and mom headed to the bathroom!
Ashley had told me that the baby was small, but nothing prepared me to see just how little he was. He was having a little trouble keeping his temperature up when we got there, so they had him bundled in several blankets and a super cute hat on his head. When I held him, it was like holding a doll. He was in preemie clothes, but they were still huge on him. His little hands and feet were adorable. Aunt Brittany (Ashley's sister)told me that his eyes were really dark, but Greyson was determined not to show them to me. Despite everything that Mommy, Daddy, Auntie and Grandma did, he refused to wake up!
Mom and I were able to stay for a couple hours, holding the baby and enjoying Ashley and her family. Eventually, Mom had to tear me away so we could continue our trip to KC. I was so glad I was able to make the trip though. Hopefully, Leslie and I will be able to head up again this week. It's supposed to snow though! :(
Ashley and Luke don't live in the same town as me, so I had to wait a little longer than I wanted to go and see him. My friend Leslie and I had planned to drive up this coming Wednesday to see them, but I just couldn't wait that long. My family was driving to Kansas City on Friday to have Christmas with my grandma, so I decided to stop in at Ashley's along the way. Ok, well, it wasn't exactly on the way.....I might have gone three hours out of my way, but I HAD to meet the little guy! My mom decided to ride up with me, so off we went! Now, for those of you who know my mom, you'll also know that she is a complete baby-hog! Knowing this, I had to plan out how I was gonna get to hold that baby first! So, for those of you who know my mom, you also know that she has to pee about, oh, every other second. Sooo, I decided that we would just not take so many bathroom breaks towards the end of the trip. Evil, I know, but I got the baby and mom headed to the bathroom!
Ashley had told me that the baby was small, but nothing prepared me to see just how little he was. He was having a little trouble keeping his temperature up when we got there, so they had him bundled in several blankets and a super cute hat on his head. When I held him, it was like holding a doll. He was in preemie clothes, but they were still huge on him. His little hands and feet were adorable. Aunt Brittany (Ashley's sister)told me that his eyes were really dark, but Greyson was determined not to show them to me. Despite everything that Mommy, Daddy, Auntie and Grandma did, he refused to wake up!
Mom and I were able to stay for a couple hours, holding the baby and enjoying Ashley and her family. Eventually, Mom had to tear me away so we could continue our trip to KC. I was so glad I was able to make the trip though. Hopefully, Leslie and I will be able to head up again this week. It's supposed to snow though! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment