Wednesday, September 22, 2010
3:12 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
So this week has been a week of failures for me. First, I failed the stupid glucose test that I've already had to take twice! So that made me really happy. So, now, I have to go back to the hospital and sit for a 3 hour glucose test in which they take my blood 4 times. Yeah. 4.
I also failed while attempting to cook my own dinner the other day. I was only making grilled cheese too.....my cooking skills are very sad. I was doing great, everything was fine, and then Cody got up and I asked him to flip the sandwich for me, and he discovered that it was burned to a crisp! GRRRRR. Now, Cody has never really been able to understand my knack for burning things. I always insist to him that it is very easy to forget that you're cooking something, you just get distracted. He (for some crazy reason I certainly don't understand) always blames it on the fact that I tend to read while cooking. Whatever.
So, of course, after discovering that I had burned my grilled cheese beyond saving, his voice kinda started to get a little loud. Now, for those of you who don't know, you should never raise your voice at a pregnant woman who just discovered that her dinner is uneatable. Cody is still learning these small little lessons in pregnancy, he's doing well, but may need a few more months to get everything down pat. So, while he's laughing at me, I burst into tears! Like actual tears running down my face. I can't believe I can't even make a grilled cheese. A baby, I can make....but not grilled cheese! So like the wonderful person he is, Cody kindly made me a perfectly done grilled cheese for my dinner. I was still a bit weepy, but felt much better after having eaten. I sure hope my cooking skills get better before the baby gets here!
I also failed while attempting to cook my own dinner the other day. I was only making grilled cheese too.....my cooking skills are very sad. I was doing great, everything was fine, and then Cody got up and I asked him to flip the sandwich for me, and he discovered that it was burned to a crisp! GRRRRR. Now, Cody has never really been able to understand my knack for burning things. I always insist to him that it is very easy to forget that you're cooking something, you just get distracted. He (for some crazy reason I certainly don't understand) always blames it on the fact that I tend to read while cooking. Whatever.
So, of course, after discovering that I had burned my grilled cheese beyond saving, his voice kinda started to get a little loud. Now, for those of you who don't know, you should never raise your voice at a pregnant woman who just discovered that her dinner is uneatable. Cody is still learning these small little lessons in pregnancy, he's doing well, but may need a few more months to get everything down pat. So, while he's laughing at me, I burst into tears! Like actual tears running down my face. I can't believe I can't even make a grilled cheese. A baby, I can make....but not grilled cheese! So like the wonderful person he is, Cody kindly made me a perfectly done grilled cheese for my dinner. I was still a bit weepy, but felt much better after having eaten. I sure hope my cooking skills get better before the baby gets here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahahahaha!.... I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you....
Awww, Sissy-law, I love you! Next time just whack Cody in the head with the spatula! hehehe! You may still cry, but at least he may think twice before laughing!!
Post a Comment