Saturday, August 21, 2010
3:52 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
I've gotten several phone calls, emails and comments about my lack of new posts, so I'm finally getting around to posting again. My house is an absolute disaster, so what better time to sit down and write???
A couple of weeks ago, Cody and I were able to see our little baby for the first time!! Though you couldn't really see details, it was still amazing to know that this little person is actually growing in me! One minute I was looking at a blank screen, thinking, "This is really weird, what if they can't find the baby?" and then the next second I was seeing this little alien moving all around! It only took them like two seconds to find it (course when you have that kind of ultrasound, it pretty much puts you in the exact right spot!) The ultrasound tech turned on the sound and let us hear the heartbeat, which was totally awesome. It really made this pregnancy real for us. All too soon, it was over. I felt like we were only in there for two minutes! They must have been busy that day. The tech handed Cody our baby's picture while I got dressed and then we were back in the waiting room. I wish we could have stayed just a little longer and watched our sweet little one move around more. My sister assures me that the next ultrasound will last longer, so I guess I'll have to wait until then.
I am really getting anxious to know if we're having a boy or girl. I think my mom and sister may be wondering too. They haven't said much about it though....I mean, they only mention it like every other second! :) We are all a little disappointed at the lack of neutral baby things that are available this year. It seems like everything we see is either very boyish or girlish. Makes it hard to buy anything, which I'm sure mom and Amber wouldn't be doing anyway :).
I am feeling pretty good these days, thankfully! I went through a couple of rough weeks, but I think those are behind me now. Hopefully, the next couple months will be more fun. I can't wait to be able to feel the little guy move around and kick! My stomach is getting a little bigger each day. I doubt other people could tell a difference between me now and me before, but I can definitely tell. I'm also pretty emotional....I'm sure Cody will testify to this one!
There's not too much more happening right now. My sister is getting ready to go back to school, which gives me this wonderful feeling, knowing that I am DONE! (sorry Amber) I never, ever want to go back. It's a great feeling knowing that I'm done and not dreading the start of another semester. Now, I can look forward to fall without any regrets!
I'm working a little more now, which definitely helps. From now til December I'll be working in West Plains every Thursday. I'm looking forward to having a consistent paycheck for awhile. I like working, it's much less stressful than I thought it would be. I can see 8-10 patients a day without too much trouble. I really enjoy seeing kids as well. They are just a little bright spot in your day.
Well, guess I better go get some housework done. Hopefully I'll be better about keeping everyone updated more!!
A couple of weeks ago, Cody and I were able to see our little baby for the first time!! Though you couldn't really see details, it was still amazing to know that this little person is actually growing in me! One minute I was looking at a blank screen, thinking, "This is really weird, what if they can't find the baby?" and then the next second I was seeing this little alien moving all around! It only took them like two seconds to find it (course when you have that kind of ultrasound, it pretty much puts you in the exact right spot!) The ultrasound tech turned on the sound and let us hear the heartbeat, which was totally awesome. It really made this pregnancy real for us. All too soon, it was over. I felt like we were only in there for two minutes! They must have been busy that day. The tech handed Cody our baby's picture while I got dressed and then we were back in the waiting room. I wish we could have stayed just a little longer and watched our sweet little one move around more. My sister assures me that the next ultrasound will last longer, so I guess I'll have to wait until then.
I am really getting anxious to know if we're having a boy or girl. I think my mom and sister may be wondering too. They haven't said much about it though....I mean, they only mention it like every other second! :) We are all a little disappointed at the lack of neutral baby things that are available this year. It seems like everything we see is either very boyish or girlish. Makes it hard to buy anything, which I'm sure mom and Amber wouldn't be doing anyway :).
I am feeling pretty good these days, thankfully! I went through a couple of rough weeks, but I think those are behind me now. Hopefully, the next couple months will be more fun. I can't wait to be able to feel the little guy move around and kick! My stomach is getting a little bigger each day. I doubt other people could tell a difference between me now and me before, but I can definitely tell. I'm also pretty emotional....I'm sure Cody will testify to this one!
There's not too much more happening right now. My sister is getting ready to go back to school, which gives me this wonderful feeling, knowing that I am DONE! (sorry Amber) I never, ever want to go back. It's a great feeling knowing that I'm done and not dreading the start of another semester. Now, I can look forward to fall without any regrets!
I'm working a little more now, which definitely helps. From now til December I'll be working in West Plains every Thursday. I'm looking forward to having a consistent paycheck for awhile. I like working, it's much less stressful than I thought it would be. I can see 8-10 patients a day without too much trouble. I really enjoy seeing kids as well. They are just a little bright spot in your day.
Well, guess I better go get some housework done. Hopefully I'll be better about keeping everyone updated more!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoohoo! We got a post! :) I'm ready to know the sex of the baby, too. Aunt B's gotta do some shopping!! I must say, too, I'm glad you're done with school, also. I get to see you more. Love ya girl! Can't wait for the next post. :)
I've been waiting for this post for a while as well! Sounds like this new little one is going to have 2 Aunt B's, what a lucky little dude! (If I do say so myself!) =) I'm guessing from my wording you can tell what sex I thnk he ia. I know you have a boy name that you like, but what if it happens to be a girl, any ideas of girl names what you like?
Post a Comment