Friday, July 23, 2010
I had my first OB doctor appointment today. It wasn't a huge deal, but I was excited anyway. My mom wanted to go with me, so I had someone to keep me company while I waited. They basically just went over my insurance and the main do's and don't's of pregnancy. They did take an official pregnancy test, which, to my relief, was positive! For some reason, I got it in my head that maybe I was all wrong about actually being pregnant and kept thinking about how embarrassing it would be to have to tell everybody that I wasn't ever pregnant!!! YIKES! I mean, the test said "pregnant" and all the signs are there, but my crazy head still thought about it. So, I was happy to have it confirmed by a doctor!

After that they took some blood~ and by some, I mean they drained almost all of my blood from my body. For some reason, my veins are always hard to stick, so they ended up taking it from my hands (like always) which hurts like the dickens! I now have a huge bruise on the back of my hand! They must be running a bunch of tests with all the blood they had to have. I didn't ask what tests they are running, because I don't want to worry about the outcome.

I was happy to learn that I will have my first ultrasound at my next appointment, which is Aug 10th. I guess they now take the first ultrasounds earlier than usual instead of listening for the heartbeat. That way, the can just see the heart beating and thus eliminate a step. They only allow one person to be with you on this one, so it will just be me and Cody.

After the appointment, me and Mom, Amber and Anna all went to Toys-R-Us. I totally started crying in the middle of the store for no reason! I just couldn't stop the tears from coming. Of course, Mom and Amber just laughed at me and said welcome to the first trimester.

While I'm enjoying being pregnant, I can't wait to be past the first three months. It seems that everything bad stops then (the tiredness, crazy manic hunger, and morning sickness) and the good stuff starts (feeling the baby move and finding out the gender). So, I'm learning to be patient, but I wish time would speed up a little! Right now Cody and I are trying to think (and agree) on names. Hopefully we'll find one soon!

0 comments: