Saturday, June 26, 2010
10:34 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
So I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being out of school! Every time I hear someone talking about taking a class or finishing homework, the only thought that goes through my head is, "I never have to do that again!" The feelings of relief and joy are almost overwhelming.
School, for me anyway, is so stressful. I can never fully relax. I'm always thinking of the next assignment that is due, or feeling guilty because I should be studying instead of the doing the fun thing I'm doing. Most people say that once you get a real 8-5 job, you're dying to be back in school. Well, that's just utter nonsense! I realize that you may have more "free" time in school, but you're never off, nights and weekends are fair game. When you have a job, you know at 5:00, you're done. DONE. No homework to put off til tomorrow, no tests to worry about. Nothing until you're back at work the next day. How wonderful!
So needless to say, I'm glad that I'm done with all that stress and worry. Now, for the next step.... finding a job! I took an entire day, dressed nice, and drove all over Springfield personally delivering my resume to every dental office I came across. In case you didn't know, there's a lot of dentists in Springfield! I also am mailing a bunch of resumes to all the offices in the surrounding areas. Hopefully one of those little suckers will net me a job! I need one pretty soon, because I'm finding quite a bit of stuff that I want to buy!!
School, for me anyway, is so stressful. I can never fully relax. I'm always thinking of the next assignment that is due, or feeling guilty because I should be studying instead of the doing the fun thing I'm doing. Most people say that once you get a real 8-5 job, you're dying to be back in school. Well, that's just utter nonsense! I realize that you may have more "free" time in school, but you're never off, nights and weekends are fair game. When you have a job, you know at 5:00, you're done. DONE. No homework to put off til tomorrow, no tests to worry about. Nothing until you're back at work the next day. How wonderful!
So needless to say, I'm glad that I'm done with all that stress and worry. Now, for the next step.... finding a job! I took an entire day, dressed nice, and drove all over Springfield personally delivering my resume to every dental office I came across. In case you didn't know, there's a lot of dentists in Springfield! I also am mailing a bunch of resumes to all the offices in the surrounding areas. Hopefully one of those little suckers will net me a job! I need one pretty soon, because I'm finding quite a bit of stuff that I want to buy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ha, the only thing I thought after I graduated and got a "real" job was: "I ONLY have to work 8-5? And the rest of the time I can completely forget about it and do whatever I want?? Woo-Hoo!"
Working is way better than being in school...especially working after you've been in school and gotten a degree (or two :-P )
Congratulations, sis - I hope you get a good job. You deserve it.
- Your Brother
Post a Comment