I have been so busy since school started in August. This is really the first time that I've been able to sit down and think of a blog. I thought that once we were in our second year of school that things would slow down and be a bit easier....wrong. The classes do seem a little easier, I think because we've really already learned the essentials. However, we now have clinic and this is STRESSFUL! I do enjoy seeing patients, but I feel extremely slow right now. Here's some things that I'm learning about right now:
- advanced instrumentation
- how to use the ultrasonic
- practicing giving injections~ fun!
- oral pathology
- how hygienist's can impact their community
- dealing with patient's that have special circumstances such as mental problems, bleeding disorders and communicable diseases
- how to study for board examinations (the test we take for licensure)
Here's some things that are concerning me at the moment:
- boards
- being extremely slow at cleaning teeth
- boards
- passing my DHY class
- boards
- getting all my class requirments by the end of the semester
- oh, yeah, boards
- getting better at taking x-rays (cause that's freakin hard, ok!)
- getting through hygiene school without ending up in the poor house
- AND....boards!
Overall, I'm surviving, keeping my head above water...barely. I am starting to see a glow on the horizon, but am still trying to shove that thought down so I don't start getting over anxious about finishing school. But... I can't WAIT to be done! I hate school, like really hate it. I can't wait until I don't have to worry about research papers, failing patients (which I have not done yet!) or studying for a terrifingly horrible test. Lets make that 3 tests, because us hygienists have to take 3 tests before we can be licensed to practice! Crazy huh. Nurses only have to take 1! Not fair. Oh, yeah, the overall COST of these said tests.... $1500 at least! That's not counting buying specialized instruments, paying your board patient to show up and any board review cessions you might want to attend. Sigh... I also can't wait to make some money!
So, life beyond school? Not much to talk about there. My dogs are both sick, Wrigley more than Daisy. So we've cleaned up a lot of puke lately. Fun times.
I'm co-planning a baby shower for my best friend, Ashley. It will be a ducky-theme shower and it's gonna be super cute! I can't wait to see Ashley all pregnant! And can't wait to meet Greyson!
Cody is leaving tomorrow at 5 a.m. for a 8 day camping trip to Colorado with his dad and brother and some friends. I'm not sure I'm gonna be happy 'bout him being gone so long. We barely see each other when he's home, and now he won't even be able to call me because they won't have cell phone reception where they're going!
And that's about it right now. I'm still pretty boring and probably will be until school is over!
2 comments:
sorry you're so stressed right now :( hopefully you'll start feeling more confident about your boards soon.
You're almost there! The light is shining at the end of the tunnel. Tell Ashley I love her choice in baby name :)
Post a Comment