Friday, January 2, 2009
I'm writing this blog in response to my sister's comment on my previous blog- so you may have to go read that in order to understand this one. Amber really gave me some great advice- that kind of advice that kinda snaps you out of this weird mood and throws you right into reality. The good kind of reality. Usually reality isn't a good place for me, but this one was. I've mentioned several times that I feel like I'm waiting for my real life to begin, and I think I've said that so many times, and felt that way so many times, that I really have begun to lose sight of all the great blessings in my life. I was basically having a nice little pity party just for myself. I invited others along several times too. Amber read my blog and did her big sister duty and gave me some great advice. I think sometimes we just need to be reminded of what we have. Unfortunately for me I must need constant remindings. A couple of blogs back Julie B wrote a comment that really went to my heart as well, but I must have forgotten to focus on her words until I heard them repeated by Amber. So a big thanks to you both for helping me realize that I am living my real life each and every day, even if some of my biggest dreams are still in the future. My mom has always helped me through tough situations by insisting that I focus on the positive, sometimes she even had me write those positives down, so I'm going to list all the good things I have right now that would be much harder if I had a baby. :)

  • I have time to enjoy my beautiful niece and nephew and really get to know them
  • I can just up and go whenever I want without worrying about nap times or feedings
  • I sleep
  • Cody and I have this time to enjoy each other and concentrate on our relationship
  • I can help one of my best friends with her baby in a time that she really needs help
  • I can concentrate on my school without any disruptions
  • I have a chance to better our future and because of that will be able to provide a better life for our children
  • I can go visit my best friend who lives in a different city
  • I have the opportunity to learn about parenting from my sister who does a wonderful job

The list can go on and on, but I think I will leave it there for now. So, I may still struggle with impatience at times, but thanks to a good friend and a great big sister, I realize I need to concentrate on the positive. Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a great post. It takes a lot for a person to admit those things and see the positive and move ahead. I will agree, Amber is my rock too. She is full of wisdom. You are in what I call the "preparation" stage. You are prepping your future right now. This preparation will make you a better Christian, a better wife, a better daughter, a better friend, a better employee, and a better mother. So many people just rush into motherhood without the preparations. I think what you are doing is one of the most self-less things I've heard in a long time. You could start a family right now if you wanted, but instead you are choosing to prepare yourself and Cody for a more comfortable future, so when the added stress of baby comes along, it won't be so stressful. Your baby is very blessed to have you care so much about her future and invest so much into allowing her to have a great life. You are already showing the qualities of being a great mom.

Unknown said...

Don't forget coming up to KC anytime you want this summer to lay by the pool! =)

Amber said...

I am glad I didn't come across as too preachy (:

I agree with Julie- I am super impressed with everything you are doing for your future and I think you will be so incredibly glad you did it. Obviously it inspired me!