Thursday, January 8, 2009







For the last month I've been on vacation. I am not gainfully employed at the moment and we were out of school for Christmas break, so I've had a wonderful month of me time. I really got to do some stuff I've been wanting to do for quite some time. The first week of vacation I just relaxed and slept. That weekend I went up to Kansas City to visit some of my family. I was able to see my brother's new house, which is sooo nice! I also went to lunch with him and Brooke. It was great to be able to spend time with them. I stayed a few extra days after my family left to visit with my grandma. It had been a very long time since I had had any alone time with her. It was good to catch up. Unfortunately, I got a cold when I was up there so I cut the visit a little short.



I was also able to go up to Columbia, MO and visit my best friend, Ashley. I was so excited to see her. Ashley and her husband Luke lived across the hall from us when we lived in our apartments. We had this great arrangement for about 6 months before Ashley and Luke moved. I really really miss her being right next to me. We tell each other everything, so she has always been a support for me. I hate that she lives so far away, but I was super excited to see her new house. It's beautiful and she did very good decorating it. I loved my visit with them, but it was a little too short. Hopefully I will see her soon.



After my visit with Ashley, I got to spend a day with my sister-in-law, Beth. We don't get to see each other much due to school and a too cute little boy. When we are together, we are usually rushed or surrounded by people. So this visit was great because we had all day and it was just the two of us. We got to talk about girl stuff and just had a great time together.


Throughout my entire vacation I was able to hang out with Amber and Anna a lot too. I love going to their house and playing with Anna and talking with Amber. Sometimes we just run errands, but we still have a great time. I don't think there is a minute of silence when we are together. Anna often pleads for us to stop talking to each other and talk to her. We also get very animated in our discussions and sometimes Anna thinks we are yelling at each other. We quickly reassure her that we're just talking. That little girl is my sunshine!
Tomorrow I will have my last vacation visit when I go see my grandparents in Lockwood. Me, mom, Amber and Anna are leaving early in the morning and spending the day with them. They really enjoy when people come to their house and I have not been able to do that lately. I am looking forward to the day.


I would really like for my vacation to last forever, but that is not possible. I think I've had the best vacation though. I got in plenty of rest and relaxation, but was able to spend time with everybody I wanted to! Hopefully I will remember to look back on these days with joy when school gets really tough. So thanks to everybody who helped me have a wonderful vacation!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool blog! I'm glad you enjoyed your time off so much, you definitely deserved it, that's for sure!! Have fun tomorrow in Lockwood!

Amber said...

I had fun hanging out with you too. :)

Julie said...

I loved this blog! Sounds like you had the perfect vacation. Have fun in Lockwood tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I think we all know that you and amber spend your time together mostly talking about how awesome I am.