Wednesday, July 4, 2012
7:51 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
So, for the last year my blog has basically revolved around Katelyn. I really enjoy writing about her so everybody can see my pictures, but also so that one day, she can read through all of them and see how much we enjoy her and love her.
But this post is going to be more about me :) Sorry to disappoint!
So, I've been an Registered Dental Hygienist for 2 years now, but, because of various reasons, I don't feel like I have really found a good and permanent office yet. A lot of my friends from school are working in great offices and are always talking about how much they enjoy where they work. I guess because I was pregnant right after graduation and had to temp for so long, I really missed out on getting a good office to work at. I don't mind temping, and it was great while I was pregnant, but I am really ready for a good permanent place to work.
In September of last year, I began working at an office in Marshfield. At first I thought it would be great. But the longer I was there, the worse the situation got. I was really unhappy with my boss and most of the equipment I had to work with was really old and pretty much broken. I always felt as though I was being yelled at for things that were beyond my control. After several months, I felt like I couldn't take working there much longer. I began looking for a new place to work, but since I only wanted to work a few days a week so I could be with Katelyn as much as possible, it was hard for me to find another job.
As the months went by with hardly any openings in the job market, I began to get discouraged. I even got a little mad at God. Totally wrong attitude to have, I know, but it's the truth. I just felt like I was trying to raise my daughter the right way and to put her interests first, but that God wasn't providing me the job I needed to do this. I finally just told Him how I felt (I mean, He knows anyway, right?) So, I let my frustration loose and really prayed that I would find peace where I was at, or find somewhere else to work. I really was trying to have faith that God would take care of me. And, like always, He came through.
Less than a week after my little temper tantrum at God, I heard about a job opening at an office in Ozark. One of the other problems with the Marshfield office was the distance and time it took me to get there. Because of gas prices, we really needed something closer to home. So, when I saw this opening I was thrilled! Even better was the fact that it was a part time position. I had interviewed at several offices, but they were all needing a full time hygienist. So, I emailed my resume and an hour later, the dentist called me. I interviewed with him the next day and was hired on the spot.
I start my new job in two days. I'm so excited! It's only 5 minutes from our house and the doctor and staff seem really nice. I've heard great things about them from several different people, which is encouraging. I'm still working a few days for Marshfield, but hopefully, that will end soon. I will have to temp awhile, as the new job is only 1 day per week and I need to work more than that. But, it's worth it!
So, once again, God has shown me that He is working for our good and that I need to trust Him. I'm trying to learn this lesson and leave behind the temper tantrums :) It's hard sometimes, but hopefully I'm getting better. I'm excited to see where this new opportunity will take me, and I'm really hoping I've found the great permanent office I've been looking for. I'm sure I'll keep everyone updated!
But this post is going to be more about me :) Sorry to disappoint!
So, I've been an Registered Dental Hygienist for 2 years now, but, because of various reasons, I don't feel like I have really found a good and permanent office yet. A lot of my friends from school are working in great offices and are always talking about how much they enjoy where they work. I guess because I was pregnant right after graduation and had to temp for so long, I really missed out on getting a good office to work at. I don't mind temping, and it was great while I was pregnant, but I am really ready for a good permanent place to work.
In September of last year, I began working at an office in Marshfield. At first I thought it would be great. But the longer I was there, the worse the situation got. I was really unhappy with my boss and most of the equipment I had to work with was really old and pretty much broken. I always felt as though I was being yelled at for things that were beyond my control. After several months, I felt like I couldn't take working there much longer. I began looking for a new place to work, but since I only wanted to work a few days a week so I could be with Katelyn as much as possible, it was hard for me to find another job.
As the months went by with hardly any openings in the job market, I began to get discouraged. I even got a little mad at God. Totally wrong attitude to have, I know, but it's the truth. I just felt like I was trying to raise my daughter the right way and to put her interests first, but that God wasn't providing me the job I needed to do this. I finally just told Him how I felt (I mean, He knows anyway, right?) So, I let my frustration loose and really prayed that I would find peace where I was at, or find somewhere else to work. I really was trying to have faith that God would take care of me. And, like always, He came through.
Less than a week after my little temper tantrum at God, I heard about a job opening at an office in Ozark. One of the other problems with the Marshfield office was the distance and time it took me to get there. Because of gas prices, we really needed something closer to home. So, when I saw this opening I was thrilled! Even better was the fact that it was a part time position. I had interviewed at several offices, but they were all needing a full time hygienist. So, I emailed my resume and an hour later, the dentist called me. I interviewed with him the next day and was hired on the spot.
I start my new job in two days. I'm so excited! It's only 5 minutes from our house and the doctor and staff seem really nice. I've heard great things about them from several different people, which is encouraging. I'm still working a few days for Marshfield, but hopefully, that will end soon. I will have to temp awhile, as the new job is only 1 day per week and I need to work more than that. But, it's worth it!
So, once again, God has shown me that He is working for our good and that I need to trust Him. I'm trying to learn this lesson and leave behind the temper tantrums :) It's hard sometimes, but hopefully I'm getting better. I'm excited to see where this new opportunity will take me, and I'm really hoping I've found the great permanent office I've been looking for. I'm sure I'll keep everyone updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment