Wednesday, July 4, 2012
About a month ago, we took Katelyn to the Dickerson Park Zoo; it was her first trip to a zoo and her Momma was excited!  

Anybody who knows me knows that I LOVE animals.....pretty much all animals except for the gross creepy crawlies!  I get this love of nature and animals from my Papa.  He loved animals and always wanted to help any animal that was hurt or hungry.  I am the exact same way and I love going to zoos.  So, needless to say, I've been dying to take Katelyn, but wanted to wait for her to be old enough to understand what she was seeing.  

So, on a Saturday in June, we loaded up the car and headed off.  It was an extremely HOT day and it kinda happened to by naptime, but we still managed to have a good time.  Katelyn liked seeing all the animals, but especially liked the monkeys and giraffes.  I was a little disappointed because the elephants were a little too far away to see and they had their backs to us the whole time.  Since the elephants and giraffes are my favorite, I was really looking forward to introducing Katelyn to them.  We did get to see the giraffes a lot, but I would have liked to be closer to the elephants.  

All in all, we had a pretty good day.  Though I think we'll wait for it to cool down a little before venturing out again.  Maybe next time we'll be able to take Katelyn to the St. Louis Zoo!


 Getting ready to go into the zoo!



 I love this pic!  She's like, "umm, mom, do you see that big animal over there?"




 Pretty Swan




 Pointing at the monkeys



 It was hard to get her to look away from the monkeys long enough to snap this pic!




 She really liked the peacocks too




 Apparently, the handlers feed the hippo by hand sometimes....this
doesn't seem wise to me, but whatever.....




 Favorite pic ever!




 Katelyn wasn't too sure about this statue at first, but warmed up eventually





 Mommy and Katelyn





 Mommy and Baby Giraffe




 Watching the giraffes




 Almost as tall as they are when she's on Daddy's shoulders




 Eye level :)




 The lions, which ironically, are placed right next to the giraffes....
hope no one escapes!




 Checkin' out some more animals




Hot and tired little girl!


0 comments: