Saturday, March 10, 2012
8:00 AM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
Well, sweet baby girl, the day has finally arrived. You are officially 1 year old now. Your momma has so many emotions going through her about this, I'm not even sure I'll be able to write them all.
First and foremost... I am SO very thankful that God blessed us by giving us the most beautiful and precious little girl. Never has a day gone by that I have not been in complete awe of my love for you.
Second, I'm so proud of how much you have learned and accomplished over this past year. When I think back to that (adorable) but helpless little bitty baby that was put in my arms on this day 1 year ago, it's hard to believe that it was you. I remember feeling you move and kick inside me, but it's so strange to think that little mover was YOU.
Third, I'm amazed at how fast time has flown! It seems like yesterday that daddy and I were getting ready to go to bed, knowing that the next day we would drive to the hospital and have our little baby at last. I still remember the feelings of that night. Excitement, anxiety, nervousness and a whole lot of impatience!
Fourth, I'm just a tiny bit sad. Maybe bittersweet is a better word than sad. I could never be sad when I'm celebrating your life! But I'm just a little sad that you are growing up so fast. I tear up thinking you will never breastfeed again, or that you will never be entirely dependent on ME and ONLY me, like you were when I was the only one who could feed you, or that I had to put away all your bottles cause you're such a big girl now, and I know that the nukys will soon follow :(, or when I put away all the clothes you've outgrown and the baby toys you don't like anymore. It's all just a little much for us!
Like I said, so many emotions! But they all come from having so much love in my heart for you.
"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. Afterall, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
Momma loves you baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment