Thursday, April 9, 2009
10:55 AM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
Wow. It's been awhile! I've had a really busy last few months! School has kept me so completely overwhelmed that I've had no time to do anything lately. Thankfully, I only have 3 actual weeks of school left, then one week of finals. Whew.... I can't believe I've made it this far. It is going by so fast. We are seeing our first real patients (in other words, working on someone who is not in the program, and will NOT understand if you bring them severe pain, even if it's on accident!) in two weeks. Oh man, I am soooo scared. I'm really more scared about actually finishing the patient than I am about hurting them. I feel pretty confident that I can do it without hurting someone, but if we don't finish at least one patient (we only have two) then we don't pass and they kick us out of the program! Yikes! That would suck. So prayers that I'll finish my patients would be greatly appreciated!
There's been good times and a lot of bad times, but all in all I've really enjoyed being in this program. I've made some really good friends, who I love being with through this time. I've learned A LOT about myself, including some strengths and weaknesses I was unaware of.
There have been some funny moments -one of my classmates thought our teacher said that medication would make her eternally constipated-
some scary moments -like the time one of my classmates had a seizure during class-
some embarrassing moments -like when I asked what a priapism was during class... look it up if you don't know, I'm not explaining!-
some uncomfortable times -when I had the end of a mirror stuffed up my nose, or having so many x-rays taken I literally had three places in my mouth the dentist had to check every week, and when we took so many impressions on ourselves and each other that I had an allergic reaction to the alginate and burned my throat
some exasperating times- like when someone gave a teacher their husband's phone number instead of the computer help desk and he called it in front of the entire class-
some drama moments- like when the same girl told me "Well, we'll see how long your marriage lasts!" needless to say she felt the wrath of Stacey in her!
some fun times- like driving up to Jeff City for the Hygiene conference
some exciting times- when we found out our friend was having a baby girl, and getting to feel the baby kick during class
So many great memories and we've only been through the first year. I can't wait to see what next year holds!
There's been good times and a lot of bad times, but all in all I've really enjoyed being in this program. I've made some really good friends, who I love being with through this time. I've learned A LOT about myself, including some strengths and weaknesses I was unaware of.
There have been some funny moments -one of my classmates thought our teacher said that medication would make her eternally constipated-
some scary moments -like the time one of my classmates had a seizure during class-
some embarrassing moments -like when I asked what a priapism was during class... look it up if you don't know, I'm not explaining!-
some uncomfortable times -when I had the end of a mirror stuffed up my nose, or having so many x-rays taken I literally had three places in my mouth the dentist had to check every week, and when we took so many impressions on ourselves and each other that I had an allergic reaction to the alginate and burned my throat
some exasperating times- like when someone gave a teacher their husband's phone number instead of the computer help desk and he called it in front of the entire class-
some drama moments- like when the same girl told me "Well, we'll see how long your marriage lasts!" needless to say she felt the wrath of Stacey in her!
some fun times- like driving up to Jeff City for the Hygiene conference
some exciting times- when we found out our friend was having a baby girl, and getting to feel the baby kick during class
So many great memories and we've only been through the first year. I can't wait to see what next year holds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I still faithfully check this everyday! :) Glad you're back.
Yah! I'm so glad your back! Sounds like you are having a great time. If you need a "patient," for a small fee I'm available. :) For a larger fee, I'll even say it didn't hurt :)
Post a Comment