Saturday, September 10, 2011
Dear Baby Girl,
Today you turned 6 months old! It seems like I just wrote your 5 month update, you are growing up so fast. I love you more and more each day, you are such a sweet baby. You love to laugh and giggle, especially at Grandma Theresa. You are starting to realize when you are not with Mommy or Daddy. You don't cry when others hold you, but every once in a while you just look up and find us, just to make sure we're still in the room.

You weight 15lbs 10oz now. Everyone talks about how chubby and cute you are. You are now in the 50% for weight; you were in the 15% at your fourth month appointment.

You are 25 3/4 inches long. This falls in the 50% as well.

Your head circumference is 41 1/2 centimeters. This is 25% category.

You eat about 6~7 times a day. We are currently trying to ween you from nursing to formula. This was such a hard decision for me to make. Nursing is becoming frustrating for us both as I don't produce much milk and it doesn't come fast enough for you. As of now, the plan is to nurse you in the morning and evening and give you a bottle during the day. This will help a lot because I'm going to work 3 days a week now. I expect you to drop a feeding pretty soon.

You now eat several different solids. You eat rice cereal, peas, green beans, bananas and squash. You LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat. You laugh and squeal the whole time. You eat about 1/2 a small jar of baby food after a bottle, two times a day.

You have outgrown almost all 3 month clothing. There are a few large 3 month onesies that still fit. You mainly wear 6-9 month clothing.

You are still in a size 2 diaper, but only because I bought like 400 size twos before I realized you would outgrow them so quickly. They aren't too bad, just a little tight around the legs.

You still love being outside. We were able to sit on a blanket under the trees in our backyard the other day. It was so peaceful. You played with you toys and I was able to sneak in a few pages of my book.

In two days I will start back to work and you will go to a babysitter's. On Mondays, Grandma Melanie will watch you and on Thursdays, Sally will watch you. You and daddy will hang out together on Wednesdays. I'm sad to be leaving you, but am sooo thankful we have family nearby to leave you with.

Love you tons!



"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you, their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."
Matthew 18:10

0 comments: