Monday, February 28, 2011
Well, we're still waiting on the arrival of our little girl. I have felt a lot of "changes" lately, that hopefully signify that she's not going to keep us waiting to much longer. I thought I would be much more impatient than I really have been. I mean, I'm definitely ready to meet her, but I'm not constantly irritated that I'm still pregnant. I just seem content to wait for now. (I reserve the right to change this attitude at any point in time however!) I was thinking of things today that I will miss about being pregnant. Here are a couple:

  • feeling Katelyn move and kick inside me
  • watching my belly move when she kicks really hard
  • not being concerned about whether I look fat in something!
  • having that cute pregnant look with some of my favorite outfits

Then I started thinking of things that I will be so happy to leave behind with pregnancy. Here they are:

  • not being able to turn over in bed without having to move heaven and earth
  • having contractions every time I stand up
  • peeing every 3~5 seconds
  • not being able to get off the couch
  • not being able to tie my own shoes (how do kids do this every day???)
  • wondering at every moment if my water is going to break and completely embarrass me in front of everyone
  • crying over completely insignificant things

I've had an interesting pregnancy so far. I can't really say it was bad, but I can't really say that it has been easy either. I guess it falls somewhere in the middle. I've had my ups and downs with it, but all in all, I'll definitely do it again. I had my share of morning sickness, but not as bad as some. I had to deal with the gestational diabetes, but it wasn't so bad once I got used to it. Katelyn has kind've gotten a reputation for being a little dramatic, but, who can blame her with me as her mom and Anna as her cousin??? She entitled to a little drama, right?? It's been an interesting journey, and one that I will never forget!

2 comments:

Beth Stafford said...

The good and bad will all be cherished memories! :)

Ashley said...

Ahh.. I love the things that you are going to miss. I'm glad you posted those.