Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Well, we're in the house! Most things are in the right place, and many walls are decorated! The baby's room is painted and furniture is in place!!! Baby clothes, mattress, swing and diapers are still at mom's. Hopefully, we'll get those over here soon. And by soon, I really mean just sometime before she's born. Which, is actually coming up very soon. I'm reminded of this fact every time I try to bend over and find I can't, also when my husband tries to go through a doorway I'm standing in and actually runs into my belly. I'm also reminded whenever I try to get off the couch, or chair or floor, or really, anywhere I've decided to sit. Also, when I've tried to go an hour without a trip to the bathroom (I mean, really, is an hour too much to ask for????)

Okay, so I may sound a little complainy (yes, it's a word), but I'm really actually very excited to meet my baby girl. After all this time, it still doesn't quite feel real to me. I know that I'm having a baby, but I don't know HER. I don't know her face, I don't know her personality, what color her eyes are....I don't know anything about her yet! I'm ready to meet her; hopefully the next two months will go by quickly.

So, both of my baby showers are coming up! I'm very excited about them. My sister-in-law, Beth, is giving me one for Cody's side of the family and my best friends, Ashley and Leslie, are giving the one for my family and friends. I don't like being the center of attention, but I'm so excited to fill up the nursery with all the new baby stuff! I have loved, LOVED, everything baby since I was a baby. I can't believe it's my turn to actually need bottles and nuks and diapers and blankets, swings, boppies and everything else! How fun!!

My sis and I are working on decorating the nursery. Cody and mom got it painted a very light, baby pink and we're going to get brown and cream polka dot wall stickers. It will be super cute. Mom has made all the bedding and I can't wait to see it in the crib. I think once everything is in the nursery, I will feel much more ready to take care of my baby.

Cody will be a great daddy. I know this, because he has spent the last several days taking very good care of me while I've been so sick. He waited on me hand and foot without complaint. He has also gotten very good at dealing with crying girls! Since I seem to cry at the drop of a hat these days, I'm sure he'll be very used to it when Katelyn comes along. I can't wait to see his face when he meets our little baby.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm ready to see her too! :)

Beth Stafford said...

I'm ready too!!!...for the shower and to meet sweet Katelyn!! :)