Sunday, October 31, 2010
This post is LONG overdue, but I've been without a computer for quite some time. So, on the 15th of October we went to our ultrasound accompained by both Grandma's and Auntie Amber and Aunt Beth. I was nervous and extremely anxious to find out what we were having. The nerves were more about finding out that our baby was healthy, which, thankfully, she is! I was very sure that we were having a boy. Like deep down, right to my toes sure. Obviously, I was very wrong!

The ultrasound tech wasn't all that excited to be working that day, but we made do with her. It was amazing to watch her whip that scanner around my belly and see the different angles of our baby. It's crazy how much you can see on an ultrasound! She showed us her brain, heart, stomach, arms, legs, kidneys (or so the tech assured me!) and even her little toes! I loved seeing her little face turn right to us, like she was wondering who was pushing on her so much! I also about fell off the table when the tech finally told us we were having a girl! It took me quite awhile to get used to that. We all went to lunch and did some shopping after the scan and really enjoyed looking at all the little girl stuff.

Right now I'm in the 20th week of my pregnancy, which is considered the half way point!!! I can't believe I'm already half way there. That also means I've been pregnant for 6 months, and that I only have 4 1/2 more to go! It seems like it has gone by very fast. I can't wait to meet our little baby, but I'm sure not ready for her yet! We have gotten the rest of the nursery furniture, including the baby swing. But we haven't put it all together yet. So she has to stay in for a few more months.

We're also beginning to look for houses to buy. This is very exciting, but also very exhausting! It's fun to look and dream, but it can also be frustrating! Hopefully, we will find one just perfect for our growing family!

Well, I'm tired of writing now, so I'll end this blog and save some for another day!

2 comments:

Beth Stafford said...

I see you've lost some more of those brain cells....we went on the 12th, not the 15th. :)
Oh who cares! I'm just glad to know what you're having, that she's healthy, and ready to shop!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet Allie!! ;-)