Wednesday, November 25, 2009
2:14 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
For as long as I can remember my mom has made these little candy turkeys for Thanksgiving. They are so cute, and little kids love them. They are also really easy to make~ if you can find the ingrediants! I decided to make these turkeys to bring to Thanksgiving dinner with Cody's family. I've literally been looking for the ingrediants for a week! Now, when I say ingrediants I'm not talking about unique, foreign, never heard-of items. I'm talking all American good ole candy! These turkeys consist of candy corn (for the beak), cream drops (for the body), fudge striped cookies (for the tail) and chocolate chips (for the legs and glue to hold it all together). Now, it seems like one little trip to Walmart would give me all I needed to make these cute little boogers. HA! The chocolate chips, obviously, pose no problem. The fudge striped cookies were a little difficult to find, but doable. I literally went to 3 different Price Cutters, a Walgreens, two Walmarts, a Dillions and called K-Mart to find the candy corn and cream drops! And I still got home without cream drops! I can find no store in Springfield that carries these. Completely FRUSTRATING! Soooo, I had to substitute Reece's Peanut Butter Cups instead of cream drops. Not nearly as cute, but it'll have to do, I guess. The things we do for a simple dinner.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
shoulda called me - too bad for you! hahahaha! ok that was a little mean..sorry
what on earth are cream drops???
Cream drops are little chocolate candies with cream in the middle. Kinda gross actually, but they make really cute thanksgiving turkeys! And apparently everyone can find them except for me....
Post a Comment