Sunday, July 5, 2009
12:56 PM | Posted by
Stacey Stafford |
Edit Post
Sorry for the long absences between my posts, I haven't been really great about keeping this up! I just seem to find myself so busy doing nothing that I don't have time to do anything else. So, I'll just give a little summary of my summer.
School is going great. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left before this semester is over. For those of you who are not counting, that means I'll only have 2 semesters left! WOW, I can't wait to graduate! But first I have to make it through these next few weeks. Currently, we are learning how to give injections. It is really fun to give injections, but we also have to be guinea pigs for the other students too! I got 8 different injections in my mouth in two days! That sucked. We are also learning some advanced instrumentation, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm also breaking out all the flash cards and board books so I can start studying for my board examinations. I will take those in March and May of 2010. Not looking forward to that.
Cody and I are looking forward to a time when our schedules will correspond a little better. Right now we pretty much say good morning and good night. The rest of our relationship is conducted over the phone, which sucks. So hopefully some things can change and we can see more of each other soon.
I've really been enjoying spending time with Anna this summer. Mom and I have taken her to the pool a few times, which she loves. She is learning how to blow bubbles and bounce to the side of the pool and call for help in case she ever needs it. It's so cute to watch her enjoy the water.
Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my beloved grandpa this summer as well. My grandpa Hubert passed away last week after complications of a minor surgery. I already miss him more than I can express in words. Grandpa was that presence in my life that always seemed superhuman. He was the strongest man I've ever seen. His favorite pastime was fishing. We have so many pictures of Grandpa standing in front of the house with his wading boots on holding up the latest catch. He was beloved by all who knew him. We have cousins in several states, all of whom made the long journey here to Missouri to say goodbye to their hero. It really shows how much he loved all his family when he could impress so much upon each of their lives, even though so many miles seperated them. Life will never ever be the same without his great presence in my life. Though this has been one of the saddest goodbyes I've ever had to say, I rest my hope in the knowledge that I will see Grandpa again. Rest assured that I will look forward to this reunion in Heaven for the rest of my life. Grandpa, I will always love you and I take comfort in the fact that you are no longer in any pain.
So there is my summer in just a few paragraphs. Hopefully I will be better about keeping this blog updated!
School is going great. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left before this semester is over. For those of you who are not counting, that means I'll only have 2 semesters left! WOW, I can't wait to graduate! But first I have to make it through these next few weeks. Currently, we are learning how to give injections. It is really fun to give injections, but we also have to be guinea pigs for the other students too! I got 8 different injections in my mouth in two days! That sucked. We are also learning some advanced instrumentation, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm also breaking out all the flash cards and board books so I can start studying for my board examinations. I will take those in March and May of 2010. Not looking forward to that.
Cody and I are looking forward to a time when our schedules will correspond a little better. Right now we pretty much say good morning and good night. The rest of our relationship is conducted over the phone, which sucks. So hopefully some things can change and we can see more of each other soon.
I've really been enjoying spending time with Anna this summer. Mom and I have taken her to the pool a few times, which she loves. She is learning how to blow bubbles and bounce to the side of the pool and call for help in case she ever needs it. It's so cute to watch her enjoy the water.
Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my beloved grandpa this summer as well. My grandpa Hubert passed away last week after complications of a minor surgery. I already miss him more than I can express in words. Grandpa was that presence in my life that always seemed superhuman. He was the strongest man I've ever seen. His favorite pastime was fishing. We have so many pictures of Grandpa standing in front of the house with his wading boots on holding up the latest catch. He was beloved by all who knew him. We have cousins in several states, all of whom made the long journey here to Missouri to say goodbye to their hero. It really shows how much he loved all his family when he could impress so much upon each of their lives, even though so many miles seperated them. Life will never ever be the same without his great presence in my life. Though this has been one of the saddest goodbyes I've ever had to say, I rest my hope in the knowledge that I will see Grandpa again. Rest assured that I will look forward to this reunion in Heaven for the rest of my life. Grandpa, I will always love you and I take comfort in the fact that you are no longer in any pain.
So there is my summer in just a few paragraphs. Hopefully I will be better about keeping this blog updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
what... no mention of our sporadic walking? :)
Post a Comment